- R. C.
- Roman Catholic. Also written as RC, without the periods.
- real property
- Research Log
- A chronological log of examined sources and information found. Usually citations are included to ensure you or another researcher can find the information again. The Research Log usually contains the date the source was located or searched, any results and the complete citation. The name of the person or affected family might also be helpful when reviewing the log later. Logs are usually kept in separate journal books or spiral notebooks, one for each purpose. Related Topic: Research Log.
- Churchwarden, an early name for sheriff in England.
- When used to describe how two people are related (i.e., once removed…), this indicates different generations. For example, two people with the same grandparents are first cousins, but the child of your cousin is your first cousin once removed because you are of different generations. See Also: Consanguinity, Relationship Chart
- Any library, archive, society, government office, or other place where records (documents, photographs, etc.) might be stored.
- Reverend, a member of the clergy.
- Rev. War
- U.S. Revolutionary War (1776-1783) which successfully separated England from thirteen of its colonies in North America.
- Spiral groves cut inside the barrel of a gun. The purpose of these groves was to make the bullet spin while passing through the barrel. This, in turn, made the bullet move faster. The result was a gun that could shoot farther and do more damage. This also increased the accuracy of the gun.
- See Perch.
Medical Terms: R