- Any of various abnormal conditions characterized by the secretion and excretion of abnormal amounts of urine.
- Contagious disease in the throat.
- domestic illness
- Polite way of saying mental breakdown, depression, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or the after effects of a stroke or any illness that kept a person housebound and probably in need of nursing support.
- Congestive heart failure. A contraction for hydropsy. The presence of abnormally large amounts of fluid.
- A term given to a number of disorders marked by inflammation of the intestines (especially of the colon). There are two specific varieties: (1) amebic dysentery (2) bacillary dysentery. Synonyms: flux, bloody flux, contagious pyrexia (fever), frequent griping stools. A common ailment of soldiers and prisoners of war in the 19th century and before.
- Acid indigestion.